If you’re looking to grow your business in the new year, try janitorial management software and follow these 10 suggestions from our blog in 2017.
Congratulations! You’ve made it through 2017. Hopefully you’ve had a good year and learned many valuable lessons. And hopefully you’ve reached many of your goals.
At the beginning of the year, we wrote about New Year’s resolutions, giving you four suggestions to increase your chances of success.
And at the end of 2017, we prepared a webinar about setting and achieving goals. Both of these are like bookends to a year of great content, which we commend to you for your learning and enjoyment.
As a year-end wrap-up, here are 10 “golden nuggets,” or pieces of wisdom from this year’s blog:
- At the start of each new year, set one or two realistic, attainable goals. Commit yourself to reach them.
- Show appreciation to your employees by giving them adequate training, benefits and responsibilities.
- Invest in a social media presence by building a following and engaging them with fun and helpful content.
- Stay ahead of your competition by focusing on customer retention.
- Use Business Intelligence software, such as CleanTelligent’s new dashboards, to identify trends and problems.
- Janitorial management software will help you make more money, save more time, and feel less stress.
- Read books by business leaders to learn how to more effectively run your business.
- Follow up with the contacts you make at trade shows; call them by phone or connect with them online.
- Make a good first impression to job applicants by writing job postings like ads.
- Don’t be afraid of change. Acknowledge it, talk about it, and get involved in it.